We began as a group of women working in the housing sector, and having seen the inequalities women faced when accessing suitable housing, we wanted to do something about it.
The forum emerged as a means to address the structural inequality that women face, aiming to influence housing providers to address women’s specific needs.
Our vision for the forum is a place where everyone who cares about women’s housing can have an equal voice and come together to tackle these issues.
Steering group members
The steering group of the forum is comprised of residents and women working in different parts of the sector.
Steering group members will champion the Forum and, as agreed, engage with relevant stakeholders to further the Forum’s purpose.
Zaiba Qureshi and Denise Fowler will be co-chairing the first open meeting of WHF.
The initial Steering Group members are as follows:
1. Zaiba Qureshi (Housing for Women)
2. Denise Fowler (Women’s Pioneer Housing)
3. Vanessa Dixon (Shelter)
4. Aileen Evans (Grand Union Housing)
5. Luchia Fitzgerald (Tenant representative)
6. Kate Dodsworth (Gateway HA)
7. Victoria Dingle (Tenant Non-Executive Director for Soha)
8. Helen Greig (NHF)
9. Jenny Osbourne (Tpas)
10. Clare Powell (CIH Policy Advisory Committee)
11. Chloe Fletcher (National Federation of ALMOs)
12. Tamsin Stirling (Freelance Housing Researcher)
13. Liz Zacharias (Campbell Tickell)